Ruth’s List Florida helps pro-choice, Democratic women win elections.
Ruth’s List Florida seeks a full-time state-wide Training Director to support the mission of Ruth’s List to increase the number of Democratic pro-choice women running for office and getting elected at all levels of Florida government by leading the organization’s training program.
Ruth’s List helps women run inspiring, local campaigns that WIN. We identify, recruit, train, mentor and elect Democratic pro-choice women to all levels of office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised over $5,000,000, elected nearly 200 women to state and local office, and trained more than 2,100 women.
We’re looking for smart, creative, highly motivated professionals to help us grow bigger, move faster, and achieve more. The Training Manager will love thinking and talking about every aspect of political campaigns. We have more demand for our training services than we can handle, and a high bar for how we will meet that demand. If you live for facilitation, understand theories of adult learning, obsess over the proper formatting for a PowerPoint, and love helping women step into their power, this is the job for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Create and implement the premier training program for pro-choice Democratic women across Florida.
- Run 10 – 15 “You Should Run” workshops per cycle in targeted areas designed to recruit and inspire women to take the leap and run for office.
- Manage a robust two-day long “Campaign Staff Academy” once per cycle to teach potential campaign staff all the ins and outs of running a winning campaign.
- Build out a brand-new six-month, 100-hour intensive annual training program for 20 – 25 qualified candidates every year.
- Organize, develop and update our training curriculum on everything from making the big ask, to public speaking, to managing your kitchen cabinet.
- Develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of training programs developed and adjust offerings as needed.
- Manage the application process for all training attendees from start to finish.
- Secure and prepare all guest speakers, internal, and external trainers, bringing in the best and the brightest in the business to teach our candidates how to win.
- Handle all logistics, such as lodging, AV equipment, travel, catering, printed materials, and more.
- Create and manage the training budget and track spending for all events as well as a tracking system of our training events and attendees in NGP in conjunction with COO.
- Represent Ruth’s List at tables, coalitions and meetings with outside organizations as needed.
- Assist the CEO and other staff as needed on special projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing a training program on a legislative, up ballot, or equivalent campaign or organization.
- Experience developing and overseeing the successful implementation of a training program.
- Knowledge of Florida’s political landscape and relationships with political insiders/influencers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals from organizational leaders to volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage budgets; fiscally responsible.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion,
- A deep commitment to and understanding of Ruth’s List’s mission.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole is a plus.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position once the office re-opens (up to 40% travel throughout the state of Florida). Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa, but this position may be located anywhere in the state.
This position will report directly to the CEO. The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000, depending on location and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter to Info@ruthslistfl.org with the subject line “Training Manager ”. In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Ruth’s List and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.