Ruth’s List Florida seeks a full-time statewide Training Director to support our mission to increase the number of pro-choice women running and winning elected office at all levels of Florida government. The role is responsible for leading the organization’s training program.
Ruth’s List helps women learn how to run inspiring campaigns that WIN. We identify, train, mentor and elect pro-choice women to all levels of office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised over $7,500,000, trained more than 2500 women and elected over 250 women to state and local office.
We’re looking for a creative, resourceful, highly-motivated professional to help us grow bigger, move faster, and achieve more. The Training Director should be knowledgeable about every aspect of political campaigns and have a passion for sharing this knowledge with others.Our training programs are highly sought after and we deliver high quality, effective trainings that give candidates, and their teams, the skills and confidence to mount winning campaigns. If you live for facilitation, understand theories of adult learning, and love helping women step into their power, this is the job for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Oversee Florida’s only premier training program for pro-choice women across Florida.
- Conduct “You Should Run” workshops every cycle in targeted areas designed to recruit and inspire women to take the leap and run for office.
- Manage a robust two-day long “Campaign Staff Academy” once per cycle to teach potential campaign staff all the ins and outs of running a winning campaign.
- Build out new trainings on a regular basis to meet the needs of the organization’s candidates and the changing dynamics of state politics
- Organize, develop, and update our training curriculum on everything from fundraising, to public speaking, to managing your kitchen cabinet.
- Develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of training programs developed and adjust offerings as needed.
- Manage the application process for training attendees from start to finish.
- Secure and prepare all guest speakers, internal and external trainers, while bringing in the best and the brightest in the business to teach our candidates how to win.
- Handle all training and panel logistics, such as lodging, AV equipment, travel, catering, printed materials, and more.
- Create and manage the training budget and track spending for all events as well as tracking training events and attendees in NGP.
- Represent Ruth’s List at tables, coalitions and meetings with outside organizations as needed.
- Assist the Political Director and other staff as needed on special projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant campaign management and training experience experience
- Experience managing a training program on a legislative, up ballot, or equivalent campaign or organization
- Experience developing and overseeing the successful implementation of a training program
- Knowledge of Florida’s political landscape and relationships with political insiders/influencers
- Experience in running a local campaign is strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of all the important pieces that go into a success political campaign
- Strong knowledge of how to build, launch and maintain a field program
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals from organizational leaders to volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage budgets; fiscally responsible
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A deep commitment to and understanding of Ruth’s List’s mission
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole is a plus
This position is remote but must be based in Florida. Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position (up to 40% travel throughout the state of Florida).
This position will report directly to the CEO. The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000, depending on location and experience.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Info@ruthslistfl.org with the subject line “Training Director”. In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Ruth’s List and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.