Ruth’s List helps women run inspiring, local campaigns that WIN. We identify, recruit, train, mentor and elect Democratic pro-choice women to all levels of office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised over $5,000,000, elected nearly 200 women to state and local office, and trained more than 2,100 women.
About the Role
Ruth’s List Florida is currently seeking an Operations Fellow for Spring/Summer 2021 to work directly with our Chief Operating Officer. We offer a flexible work schedule and require a commitment of 10 hours per week for 4 months. This role provides a unique opportunity for mentorship and to learn in a supportive work environment, all while making a positive impact on Florida’s political landscape.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist with the accounting system using QuickBooks.
- Update financial records in NGP database.
- Assist in updating and formatting policy manuals.
- Assist in drafting communications as needed.
- Edit documents and invitations.
- Help with 2022 Annual Conference Planning.
- Assist with general operations and executive office projects as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing and project management skills.
- Flexibility, as projects and priorities may shift.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and NGP a plus.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission of electing Democratic, pro-choice women in Florida.
Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa. While this position is virtual, the ideal candidate is located within driving distance of our headquarters to pick up/drop off materials as needed. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The compensation is $2,400 stipend for a 4-month commitment of 10 hours/week.
To apply, please email application materials to Bessie Skoures at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Fellow” in the subject line. Please submit the following:
- Brief cover letter
- Two references
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Finalists will be contacted for an interview over video.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.