Ruth’s List Florida is currently seeking a Program Fellow for Summer 2022 to work directly with our Program Director. We offer a flexible work schedule and require a commitment of 10 hours per week for 10 weeks. This role provides a unique opportunity for mentorship and to learn in a supportive work environment, all while making a positive impact on Florida’s political landscape.
About the Organization
Ruth’s List Florida helps women run inspiring, local campaigns that WIN. We identify, train, and elect Democratic pro-choice women to state and local office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised more than $6,000,000, elected nearly 200 women to state and local office, and trained more than 2,400 women.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and management across the state in key regions for phone banking and canvassing for our endorsed candidates
- Prepare draft emails and/or social media graphics for events and programs as needed
- Assist with calling and texting for event registration
- Assist with all event logistics, from materials to securing locations, and everything in between
- Represent Ruth’s List periodically at in-person local events
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and writing skills, including proof-reading and copy editing
- Flexibility, ability to take direction (be a good note taker and self-manager)
- Desire to learn and grow your organizing skills
- Canvassing experience is a plus
- Commitment to our mission of electing Democratic pro-choice women in Florida
This position is remote. Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa and our Program Director is based in Sarasota, but you may be located anywhere in the state for this position. The compensation is $3,600 stipend for a 10-week commitment of 10 hours/week.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Kay Mathers at Kay@ruthslistfl.org with “Program Fellow” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Finalists will be contacted for an interview over video.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.