Ruth’s List Florida seeks a full-time state-wide Program Manager to support the mission of Ruth’s List to increase the number of Democratic pro-choice women running for office and getting elected at all levels of Florida government by leading the organization’s Regional Networks program.
Ruth’s List helps women run inspiring, local campaigns that WIN. We identify, recruit, train, mentor and elect Democratic pro-choice women to all levels of office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised over $5,000,000, nearly elected 200 women to state and local office, and trained more than 2,100 women.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, creative, self motivated individuals to help us grow bigger, move faster, and achieve more. Our Program Manager will take our Regional Networks to the next level and serve as the driving force behind the volunteers doing the real work to turn Florida blue. If you live for leadership development, obsess over maximizing the productivity and engagement of volunteers, and are passionate about helping women step into their power, this is the job for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build out and manage a Regional Network of 10 volunteer groups in targeted areas across the state with clearly identified leadership, committed membership bases, and concrete goals.
- Create and facilitate codified onboarding and ongoing leadership development for our volunteer members to make sure they have the skills and confidence needed to help elect our women.
- Create written processes, policies, and procedures to ensure efficacy, professionalism, compliance, and message adherence amongst our Regional Network in conjunction with COO.
- Support monthly volunteer events from logistics, branding, recruitment and everything in between.
- Serve as the conduit between Ruth’s List staff and our dedicated volunteers on all matters.
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our Regional Network’s active membership.
- Facilitate Regional Network leadership calls to identify opportunities, build relationships, host trainings, and generally manage our amazing volunteers to success.
- Create and manage the program budget and track spending for all events as well as a tracking system of our program events, attendees, and membership in NGP in conjunction with COORepresent Ruth’s List at tables, coalitions and meetings with outside organizations as needed.
- Assist the Political Director and other staff as needed on special projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in volunteer management and leadership development.
- Experience managing a volunteer program on a legislative, up ballot, or equivalent campaign.
- Experience developing and overseeing the successful implementation of a volunteer program.
- Knowledge of Florida’s political landscape and relationships with political insiders/influencers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals from organizational leaders to volunteers and a track record of success of motivating them to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a strong ability to direct and motivate while building a consensus.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion,
- A deep commitment to and understanding of Ruth’s List’s mission.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole is a plus.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position once the office re-opens (up to 40% travel throughout the state of Florida). Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa, but this position may be located anywhere in the state.
This position will report directly to the Political Director. The annual salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000, depending on location and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter to Info@ruthslistfl.org with the subject line “Program Manager ”. In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Ruth’s List and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.