Ruth’s List Florida helps pro-choice, Democratic women win elections.
Ruth’s List Florida seeks a state-wide Fundraising Consultant to support our mission by leading the organization’s fundraising efforts.
Ruth’s List helps women run inspiring, local campaigns that WIN. We identify, recruit, train, mentor and elect Democratic pro-choice women to all levels of office in Florida. Since 2008, we have raised over $5,000,000, elected nearly 200 women to state and local office, and trained more than 2,100 women.
Our Development Consultant will revamp our donor program, take our fundraising to the next level, and test new and innovative ways to raise resources for electing women who represent the best Florida has to offer. If you are passionate about seeing women in power, obsess over the donor experience, enjoy collaboration with a tight knit team of powerhouse women, and love making the big ask, this is the contract for you. The consultant will report directly to the President & CEO of Ruth’s List.
Scope of Work
- Implement fundraising plans for our C(3), C(4), and PAC entities with a variety of tactics from call time and major donor meetings to digital and mail programs to grants and sponsorships alongside our CEO.
- Implement a revilitized vision and structure for Ruth’s List membership and major donor programs with ambitious growth goals and a strategy to achieve them.
Build deep relationships with Florida and national donors, foundations, and supporters to elevate Ruth’s List position and our CEO as a leader in the Democratic space.
- Conduct new donor research to bring in a diverse new wave of supporters ready to take the organization to the next level with the assistance of our Development Coordinator.
- Run excellent, well supported events in coordination with our full time staff that build our brand and donor pool, through networking, sponsorships, and outreach.
- Manage our fundraising database in NGP, from data entry to daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting and generate timely and accurate reports for our COO with the aid of our Development Coordinator.
- Build relationships with, train and leverage our Board of Directors to support our fundraising efforts.
- Your company’s name and contact information
- Background information about your company and the kind of work you do
- Specific examples of previous work experience assisting clients with:
- Developing sustainable fundraising strategies and programs
- Raising multi-million dollar budgets
- Working on collaborative teams
- Two to three references of previous clients
- Your proposed monthly cost for services
Please submit your RFP to our President & CEO Lucy Sedgwick at email@example.com with the subject line “Development Consultant”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the contract is filled. This contract requires proof of vaccination and entails face-to-face meetings throughout the state of Florida.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to app