Ruth’s List is the only organization dedicated to electing Democratic pro-choice women candidates in Florida. Our unique approach empowers women to run inspiring, focused and well-resourced campaigns that win. We know what campaign tactics work in Florida and the value women candidates bring when they decide to run. When a woman is connected and prepared, she’s the best champion for her community. She is the change.
About the Role
Ruth’s List Florida is currently seeking a communications fellow for Fall 2021 to work directly with our Interim Communications Director. We offer a flexible work schedule and require a commitment of 15 hours per week from August 1– December 1, 2021. This role provides a unique opportunity for mentorship and to learn in a supportive work environment, all while making a positive impact on Florida’s political landscape.
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly editorial calendars to promote news, endorsements, trainings, and fundraising campaigns on various social media platforms
- Monitor social media accounts for comments, share and repost partner org content
- Assist in drafting written communications such as press releases and emails
- Monitor the news for mentions of Ruth’s List Florida and our endorsed candidates and create a weekly news summary
- Assist in updating the website with newly endorsed candidates, news stories, press releases, etc.
- Assist with general communications responsibilities
- Excellent writing and project management skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with Canva and Loomly a plus
- Familiarity with graphic design and writing for social media
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- Flexibility, as projects and priorities may shift
- Commitment to the organization’s mission of electing Democratic, pro-choice women in Florida
$3,600 stipend for a 4-month commitment, 15 hours/week (Aug 1 – Dec 1)
To apply, please email application materials to Stefanie Clarke at email@example.com with “Communications Fellow” in the subject line. Please submit the following:
- Brief cover letter
- Two references
- Two sample social media posts including graphics
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Finalists will be contacted for an interview over video.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.