Get Endorsed By Ruth's List
Each cycle, Ruth’s List endorses a group of strong Democratic pro-choice women candidates in races across Florida. If you’re interested in receiving the Ruth’s List Florida endorsement, see below for more information. Please note, the endorsement application process is now CLOSED for November 2021 races.
- What candidates does Ruth’s List endorse?
- Ruth’s List endorses Democratic pro-choice women candidates running in state and local offices in every part of Florida. Ruth’s List does not endorse men, NPA, or Republican candidates.
- What races does Ruth’s List endorse in?
- Agriculture Commissioner
- Attorney General
- Chief Financial Officer
- State Senate
- State House
- County Commission
- Port Commission
- School Board
- Soil & Water Board
- City Commission
- City Council
- Does Ruth’s List endorse candidates in non-partisan races?
- Is there a deadline to apply for endorsement?
- Ruth’s List accepts applications throughout the political cycle on a rolling basis. You may submit an application at any time, however, Ruth’s List reserves the right to institute application deadlines as a specific election date approaches. These deadlines will be made available on our website.
- What do endorsed candidates receive?
- All endorsed candidates who have opponents in their races will receive a minimum contribution of $250 to their campaign. Additional amounts and technical support may be provided as resources and campaign contribution limits allow.
- How do you choose which candidates to endorse?
- All candidates go through an exhaustive and holistic application and review process that is largely based on assessing a candidate’s path to victory. We work with many women, but we do not endorse all of them. When endorsing a candidate, we are affirming to voters, our members, and our donors that we are confident a woman has what it takes to win.
- What does the application process entail?
- In order to apply for the Ruth’s List endorsement, you must submit the Reproductive Rights Questionnaire and the Endorsement Application.
- The Reproductive Rights Questionnaire can be found here, and should be submitted to the Political Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – as soon as possible. This questionnaire confirms that you are pro-choice by Ruth’s List standards and allows us to engage with you as a candidate. You may – and should – submit the Reproductive Rights Questionnaire even before you are officially filed. The earlier you are engaged with us, the better.
- The Endorsement Application can be obtained from the Political Director once the Reproductive Rights Questionnaire has been submitted. This application collects information about the candidate’s campaign plan and path to victory in the race.
For any additional information or questions on the endorsement process, please contact Political Director Kayla vanWieringen at email@example.com.