Ruth’s List is the only organization dedicated to electing Democratic pro-choice women candidates in Florida. Our unique approach empowers women to run inspiring, focused and well-resourced campaigns that win. We know what campaign tactics work in Florida and the value women candidates bring when they decide to run. When a woman is connected and prepared, she’s the best champion for her community. She is the change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ruth’s List Florida seeks a full-time state-wide Development Director to support the mission of Ruth’s List to increase the number of Democratic pro-choice women running for office and getting elected at all levels of Florida government by leading the organization’s fundraising efforts.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, creative, resourceful individuals to help us grow bigger, move faster, and achieve more. Our Development Director will revamp our donor program, take our fundraising to the next level, and test new and innovative ways to build power and resources for electing women who represent the best Florida has to offer. If you are passionate about seeing women in power, live for storytelling, obsess over the donor experience, and love making the big ask, this is the job for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Develop and implement fundraising plans for our C(4) and PAC entities with a variety of tactics from call time and major donor meetings to digital and mail programs to grants and sponsorships.
Create a revitalized vision and structure for Ruth’s List membership and major donor programs with ambitious growth goals and a strategy to achieve them.
Build deep relationships with Florida and national donors, foundations, and supporters to elevate Ruth’s List position as a leader in the Democratic space.
Conduct new donor research to bring in a diverse new wave of supporters ready to take the organization to the next level.
Create external facing donor materials that tell a compelling story of our history and trajectory.
Run excellent, well supported events that build our brand and donor pool, through networking, sponsorships, and outreach.
Manage our fundraising database in NGP, from data entry to daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting and generate timely and accurate reports for our COO.
Hire and manage development staff, such as associates and fellows.
Work alongside our COO to create and maintain our annual budget.
Represent Ruth’s List at tables, coalitions and meetings with outside organizations as needed.
Assist the CEO and other staff on special projects as needed.
- Train and leverage the Board of Directors to support fundraising efforts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, such as serving as the finance director on a political campaign, non-profit development director, or major gifts officer at a foundation.
- Experience developing and overseeing the successful implementation of a fundraising plan.
- Knowledge of Florida’s political donor landscape and relationships with political insiders/influencers.
- An understanding of the legal status and regulations related to a PAC, 501(C)(3) and 501(C)(4) entities.
- Working knowledge of NGP.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; adept at social media.
- Experience managing a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through, accountability and results.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A deep commitment to and understanding of Ruth’s List’s mission.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position once the office re-opens (up to 40% travel and face-to-face meetings throughout the state of Florida). Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa, but this position may be located anywhere in the state.
This position will report directly to the President/CEO. The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000, depending on location and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter to Info@ruthslistfl.org with the subject line “Development Director”. In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Ruth’s List and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.