Ruth’s List is the only organization dedicated to electing Democratic pro-choice women candidates in Florida. Our unique approach empowers women to run inspiring, focused and well-resourced campaigns that win. We know what campaign tactics work in Florida and the value women candidates bring when they decide to run. When a woman is connected and prepared, she’s the best champion for her community. She is the change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ruth’s List Florida seeks a full-time Development Coordinator to support the mission of Ruth’s List to increase the number of Democratic pro-choice women running for office and getting elected at all levels of Florida government by joining the organization’s fundraising team.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative, resourceful individual to help us secure the resources
needed to advance our mission. Our Development Coordinator will help assist with our successful donor
program, fundraising, engagement and financial compliance. If you are passionate about seeing women in power, help women get and stay elected, engage with donors and event planning this is your job.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Participate in the implementation of fundraising plans for our C(4) and PAC entities with both traditional and creative tactics.
- Help plan, staff and manage events.
- Organize CEO call time and event call time for CEO and Development Director.
- Assist with Ruth’s List membership, major donor programs and quarterly engagement calls.
- Help maintain relationships with Florida donors and supporters to ensure the resources needed to elevate Ruth’s List position as a leader in the Democratic space.
- Conduct new donor research to bring in a diverse new wave of supporters ready to meaningfully contribute to the organization.
- Assist in creating external facing donor materials that tell a compelling story of our history and trajectory, as well as showing our appreciation for their donations.
- Run high quality, cost effective, exciting, well supported events that build our brand and donor pool, through networking, sponsorships, and outreach including providing assistance to Ruth’s List annual conference.
- Manage our fundraising database in NGP, from data entry to daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting and generate timely and accurate reports.
- Work alongside our Operations Associate to create and maintain our annual budget and meet financial compliance standards.
- Develop donor productivity reports to aid outreach and cultivation efforts.
- Manage donor “thank you” programs
- Represent Ruth’s List at tables, coalitions and meetings with outside organizations as needed.
- Assist the CEO and other staff on special projects as needed.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Board of Directors to support fundraising efforts.
- Other duties as assigned to help within our various departments and help further our mission.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in campaigns and/or political committees
- Experience planning fundraising events.
- Working knowledge of NGP.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; adept at social media.
- Experience working with a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A deep commitment to and understanding of Ruth’s List’s mission.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position (travel and face-to-face meetings throughout the state of Florida). Ruth’s List is headquartered in Tampa, but this position can be located anywhere in Florida.
This position will report directly to the President/CEO. The annual salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000, depending on location and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter to Info@ruthslistfl.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.” In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Ruth’s List and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls please.
We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our state, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.